Our client is a UK business, proud of their North West roots, as well as their national operation and global reach. They use their expert knowledge and skills across all their divisions to develop intelligent tech solutions that optimise performance.
The main objective of the Area Sales Manager role is to generate gross margin profit for the Group product portfolio from new and existing wholesaler accounts. The Area Sales Manager will be based in their patch and will be responsible for growth of their customer base within defined regions through effective business development, networking and cold calling.
The Area Sales Manager will have an excellent understanding of all Group products and services, but in particular, LED lighting.
A high standard of verbal communication will be required in order to have conversations with senior stakeholders and building trust with them. A high standard of questioning skills will be required to uncover opportunities within businesses that our sales team can use to present our products against.
- New Business Development
- Work closely with the Senior Sales and Business Development Manager in the strategic development of the Brand.
- Build relationships over the phone with existing accounts to generate sales opportunities and quote on Wholesaler work.
- Achieve monthly revenue and gross profit targets
- Achieve weekly KPI’s – calls, cold calls, quotes
- Produce lighting designs where needed
- You will produce quotes for customers, recommending products to spec break existing designs or requirements
- Complete research on potential sales prospects, identifying new business opportunities and the senior stakeholders within those businesses.
- Build relationships with senior stakeholders of prospective clients
- Use MEANCHATS to Question prospect clients to find out about their business, and expose potential opportunities or requirements for our products
- Deliver a clear phone based Elevator pitch for each Group Product to new customers
- Qualify meetings and opportunities using the MEANCHATS methodology to effectively forecast deals
- Attend meetings once per month with key sales contacts
- Update all sales activity in the CRM
- Lighting knowledge
- Lighting product knowledge
- Gateway / Sage knowledge
- Phone sales skills
- Lighting design
- Salesforce CRM