A brilliant opportunity for an experienced Associate / Senior Associate Solicitor to join our client’s multi-office law firm within their Commercial Property Department.
• To play a key role in a busy and successful department and to assist the Head of Department to grow the department.
• To run own caseload including high-value development matters.
• To assist other fee earners with their cases
• To contribute to the effective operation of the firm
• To actively develop potential income streams for the department with a view of growing the
• Manage own caseload
• Manage junior fee earner’s caseload, supervise the running of the same.
• Assist Head of Department with the management of the department.
• Maintain a watching brief over the other fee earners’ files when they are on holiday, sick, etc.
• Ensure that diary dates are observed
• Meet the relevant quality and professional standards
• Proactively build and grow the department and develop their own practice.
• Actively develop potential income streams
• Promoting a positive working environment within the firm
• Marketing and promoting the firm and its service offerings
• Undertaking research on developing areas of law and procedure to remain up to date on key issues
• Maintaining CPD requirements as expected by the firm
• General administrative tasks in relation to individual file management
• Visiting clients, taking instructions
• Writing letters
• Producing precedents, template documents and other processes to enable the department to be run efficiently
• Producing articles for the website on residential property issues on a regular basis
• Utilising social media frequently, in particular LinkedIn and Twitter, to promote the firm and
its service offerings
• Running and/or assisting in the running of stalls trade shows and such like
• Other tasks as requested
Person specification – Skills, knowledge and experience required
• Practising certificate
• 6-10 years post qualification experience with specific experience of working with local and/or
regional developer clients
• Experience of dealing with residential development matters including secured lending
• Experience of dealing with high value residential property matters
• Experience of dealing with:
– S106 Agreements
– S38 Agreements
– S278 Agreements
– Development finance
– Plots sale set up (freehold and leasehold)
• Experience of commercial property matters, including:
– Licenses to Assign
– Licenses for alterations
• Experience of business development including:
– Targeted marketing to potential new developer/investor clients
• Experience of attending clients
• Experience of drawing up bills
• Experience of supervising staff