About the company: Our business has more than 100 years of heritage in the lighting business and our work is guided by the aim of Creating Tomorrow Together.
It is our Mission to bring technology and creative innovation together through our products, services, and people to improve sustainability, enhance energy efficiency, increase connectivity and promote wellbeing.
It’s our People who make the business successful. We will only achieve our strategic objectives if we recruit and retain the best people, and operate in an environment underpinned by inclusivity, diversity and opportunity.
We offer friendly and flexible working opportunities that reflect the changing expectations of employees and enable you to manage personal and professional commitments as part of a healthy work-life balance.
Being a forward-thinking business means we understand and value long term relationships. So, if it is important for you to to be part of an inclusive and progressive organisation, and you’re looking for your next professional challenge, we’d like to hear from you.
The Demand Planner role is to provide forecasting, and proactive inventory planning improvement recommendations, with a key focus on accurate demand forecasting and a strong S&OP process; promote the Supply Chain department in a positive, professional, and proficient manner; strive to achieve and exceed personal, departmental and Company targets.
- The role of the DP covers EMEA consumer channel and UK Trade Project sales.
- Forecast generation, analysing significant deviations, highlighting missing information and proposing solutions.
- Management of CRM project requirements and identification of forecast changes due to project wins, losses or changes
- Ensure timely communication of the forecast throughout the business, particularly before S&OP cycle begins.
- Proactively seek the information to improve the forecast, and chase through information required to complete the process.
- Undertake Root Cause analysis to understand and improve forecast accuracy
- Work with the Master Planner to configure Optimiza planning tool to suit UK warehouse stocking requirements.
- Forecast maintenance in MAPICS system – e.g., item, seasonality, forecast warehouse etc.
- Management of logical warehouse and stock policy for Consumer dedicated logical warehouses (UK3 and FR3)
- Creation and control of local Projects warehouse (UK4)
- Work with EMEA Consumer teams to ensure Forecasts, Catalogue launches are EPOS data are actioned.
- Management of phase out programmes with retailers managed by EMEA consumer channel.
- Maintain stock availability in line with forecasted sales, checking future stock.
- Through regular review of projected stock levels, identify and communicate any potential out of stock issues, highlighting these and potential solutions to the Supply Planner.
- Identify causes and manage reduction of any excess stock created
- Manage enquiries from the Sales Support team
- Help find alternative solutions to enquiries
- Third party purchase orders for UK specific products
- The job holder may be required to undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required of their post, and company from time to time
- The job holder will be asked to travel throughout Europe and UK and must hold the required travel documents.
- It is the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Environment of himself and of other persons, who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work, and as regards any duty or requirement imposed on his/her employer or any other person by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions.
Person specification and background:
- Creative, resourceful, and able to think independently
- Strong Interpersonal & Stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable in using BI and Microsoft Office Tools e.g., Birst, Excel, ERP/MRP systems to manage data highly desirable
- Proven problem solving, planning, forecasting and analytical skills, high standard of numeracy
- Educated to degree or equivalent level. Professional qualification e.g. CIPS also desirable but not mandatory
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a forecasting/ commercial analysis role
- Supply Chain background highly desirable
- Far East/long lead time Supply Chain experience highly desirable