Are you an experienced Sales Manager or Assistant Manager working within the electrical wholesale or manufacturing industry?
The Electrical Sales Manager has total responsibility for leading the Electrical team to profitably meet the sales targets and maximise the sales of the Electrical category whilst working closely with the wider branch team.
- To design and implement plans which maximise new electrical business by attracting and securing new customers/business.
- To lead and motivate the team to engage with customers entering the branch ensuring the team understand their potential electrical needs and offer the appropriate level of product knowledge and advice.
- To drive an increase customer retention and customer numbers by ensuring that ‘best in town’ service is offered by the team.
- To maximise sales potential by driving the team to look for opportunities to suggest linked sales or upsell products within the electrical category.
- To drive profitable sales by maintaining margins whilst ensuring pricing is competitive with the local market.
- To play an active part in the branch team supporting all areas to have a better understanding of the electrical products and offer, and how they can influence results from this category.
- To work closely with the operational team in branch to ensure efficient use of warehouse space and delivery resources.
- To provide the wider Electrical team with feedback on the line performance of the electrical category to ensure that ranges and stock levels can be tailored as appropriate to meet customers needs.
- To take full accountability for the merchandising standards of the electrical fixturing, the electrical stock holding and electrical stock management disciplines (including stock takes) within the branch.
- To maintain good relations with electrical suppliers.
- To work with the credit services team to manage customers account limits and support the management of account payments
- Experience within the electrical wholesale or electrical manufacturing industry
- Experience within a Sales or Assistant Manager position
- Strong communication skills
- Good product knowledge with the ability to train other team members
- Natural leadership skills.
This role is paying a salary of up to £36K DOE plus up to £15K in bonus. The hours are Monday-Friday 7:30-17:00 plus alternate Saturdays 8am-12pm .
We are currently recruiting in a variety of locations including Sheffield, Portsmouth, Hanworth, Walthamstow, Watford, Rickmansworth and Watford.