Job Title: Factory Manager
Reports to: VP Global Operations
Reporting directly to the VP Global Operations your role is to provide a world class level of operational excellence in manufacturing. The role involves managing a large number of products in low volume with a management team covering Production, Planning, Procurement, Production Engineering, Product Engineering, Facilities and HSE. Using the people within the factory effectively with the aim of bringing about positive change for the business. Maintain standards of Productivity, Housekeeping, Inventory accuracy, savings and quality.
- Manufacturing product for the EMEA markets
- Maintaining and managing relationships with the Sales countries and other departments
- Management and development of 3rd party manufacturing
- Controlling and reducing product cost
- Improvement of customer delivery performance and communication
- Inventory and working capital management
- Capex requirements and definition.
- Using Lean Six Sigma techniques in a manufacturing environment to promote change.
- P&L responsibility and cost centre control
- To comply with the requirements of company Health and Safety.
- Develop further measurable KPIs issued weekly to continually improve site performance.
- Develop an improvement strategy to deliver strong profitable growth and continuous customer service.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping standards
- Strong leadership, with a passion to achieve targets effectively combining robust planning and process improvement tools.
- Analytical, adaptable and dedicated with a focus on engaging team spirit amongst the management team
- Management and experience in planning and supply management.
- Strong quality practitioner – knowledge of Quality tools and problem solving techniques
- Good Project management skill.
- Good knowledge of materials and stock management
- HNC or Degree level qualification
- Proven track record in manufacturing management
- Experience of construction, lighting and wholesale industry an advantage
- AS400 experience an advantage
- Must be an excellent problem solver and have proven practical experience
- Excellent IT skills are essential