Job Title: Legal Counsel (IP)
Reports to: General Counsel
As a Legal Counsel you will work as part of the international in-house legal department responsible for a wide range of legal work, including contractual, corporate, commercial, regulatory, IP and compliance matters. This role will report to the General Counsel.
- Manage the Company IP portfolio (Trademarks, Patents, designs, copyrights).
- Identify registrable IP assets and prepare patent, copyright, and trademark applications.
- Liaise with external IP lawyers to implement the IP strategy and coordinate the actions to be taken.
- Manage IP-focused commercial agreements, and particularly
- IP-license agreements,
- complex commercial agreements, incl. joint development, collaboration and joint venture agreements;
- intercompany agreements;
- Manage IP pre-contentious and Litigation matters, by working on IP infringement matters
- Experienced as a Legal Counsel gained in a large law firm and/or in-house legal department. (4 to 5 years post qualification).
- substantial experience in IP counselling and long-lasting knowledge and expertise in the overall field of Intellectual Property (Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights);
- particular experience in IP prosecution and/or IP litigation;
- working experience on cross-border, preferably technology-related transactions and first-hand understanding of industry matters relevant to Feilo Sylvania;
- analytical skills and solid process improvement and results orientation;
- Well organized and have the ability to handle multi task activities.
- Fluent in English is essential and knowledge of another European language or Mandarin is advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Customer and Results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels in an international environment with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Experience in the Lighting Industry is advantageous but not essential.