Job Title: Production Engineer
Reports to: Operations Director
Working as a senior member of the manufacturing team reporting into the Operations Director. The role is to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the company’s manufacturing capability, through the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools, thereby achieving the company’s KPIs in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Environment. The role involves maintaining and improving the production processes such as, electro-mechanical assembly and electrical test
- Improving and maintaining existing production processes, using lean tools to deliver right first time product to meet a demanding production schedule and customer base.
- Analyse and eliminate quality and production issues by using the appropriate problem solving techniques. Facilitating regular Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to help maintain and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Working on the implementation of factory layout projects to optimise the use of floor space, materials flow, personnel and cell design.
- Design and source tooling requirements for all manufacturing processes and NPI.
- Introduce new products into production. Ensuring all NPI milestones are delivered on time in the most cost effective way.
- Identify areas for improvement and produce coherent improvement plans.
- Carryout studies to establish baseline measurements and use the data to drive implementation of efficiency savings.
- Being able to communicate to all levels, both verbally and through documentation, including training shopfloor staff.
- Playing a leading role in the drive to achieve manufacturing excellence
– HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering
– Proven track record in production engineering
– Experience of mechanical assembly and fixtures
– Experience gained in the electronics industry or lighting would be an advantage
– Must be an excellent problem solver and have proven practical experience using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
– Excellent IT skills are essential