50K-£70K per annum, BUPA, Pension.
A new opportunity not to be missed!
Our client is a manufacturers’ distributor for a range of commercial LED Lighting solutions and supplies products nationally to UK wholesalers. Ourc client employs over 40 members of staff including a dedicated team of regional account managers and logistics personnel to ensure that it can achieve outstanding customer service.
We are now looking for an energetic individual to join our senior management team to provide first class Technical Development, Management and Support to our internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will need to be able to project manage, manage people, self-manage in a very varied role, understand the Commercial LED Lighting Market, technology within LED Lighting and the UK legal requirements for lighting.
In addition to this, you will need to be able to drive and travel, this will involve travelling to customers premises for meetings and reviews, travelling to exhibitions and conferences with potential travel to the factories in Europe and the far East.
You will also be responsible for managing the full life cycle of new and existing LED lighting products. This role has many crucial aspects, Quality, Lighting Design and Project management, these will involve being responsible for quality and project management for all products by conducting market research, helping to develop, reviewing a range of products, and co-ordinating with colleagues in the company’s subcontract factories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for signing off new products to customers and legal requirements
- Ensure the Quality Control Team are testing in accordance to the latest safety standards
- Develop Quality Control Procedures with the team
- Report defective purchased materials to relevant suppliers and ensure corrective action is taken to resolve
- Complete goods inwards inspections on new products to ensure delivery is to approved specifications
- Oversee and check Lighting Designs
- Ensure the IES Data used by the team is accurate and up to date
- Write the scope documents for third party suppliers to develop new products and be involved in the design, creation and execution of new products
- Manage product development projects to a timeline with product managers, engineers and product designers in China from initial design concept to final packed product, incl. monitoring, tracking and organising new product samples once approved
- Management and creation of product related information – Pricing, packaging, installation guides, datasheets, labels, sales aides plus managing and maintain the Product Road Map
- Maintain the product library, this consist of Specification Sheets, Certification, Instruction Sheets and Photometric Data
- Work with a LIAQA qualified engineer to ensure all technical files are compliant
- Check all product specs against the current market expectations, maintain awareness of trends and techniques in the industry and undertaking training where required
- Work closely with customers to identify and create new product briefs
- Ensure product specifications and prices are accurate and updated prior to confirming orders, both with clients and the purchasing team
- Prepare product briefs for presentations to internal staff and customers and maintain a detailed understanding of product portfolio, application, competitor products and lighting industry practices
- Maintain the Product Database to ensure content accuracy, product packaging, labels and user instructions ensuring their compliance with legal requirements
- Review customer returns, following company procedures and provide technical assistance to the customer where required
- As head of Technical, the following team leaders would report into this position – Product Engineering, Production, QC/ Test and Warehousing