Job Title: UK Sales Manager
Location: London, UK
Reporting to: General Manager
Our client designs and manufacturers lighting fixtures for architectural applications. With the HQ in Ontario, Canada, they have built up a reputation for high quality, innovative products backed up by fantastic customer service. They are very much known as a solutions provider and problem solver. The company has seen significant growth over the last few years and have seen headcount double in size working with some of the top lighting designers and architects around the world and our portfolio of projects features countless stunning masterpieces.
This is a new position, which represents the company’s push to expand and maintain the current growth in sales in the UK. They are after an exceptional individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a strategic focus and who will bring a wealth of experience and enthusiasm into the business. As an experienced Sales Manager, you will join the team and be expected to create, present, and deliver the company’s sales strategy, turnover and profit targets. You will be based both in the office, at home and on the road seeing clients both in the UK and possibly overseas. You will become a key contact for our customers, representing my client out in the market. We are looking for someone to be more than an employee, who is keen to progress their career within a company that has a lot of potential, has a fantastic reputation, and with a great team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the European General Manager.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the sales strategy of the business.
- Meeting the yearly sales budget.
- Presenting the strategy and progress at the monthly management meetings.
- Drive sustainable business growth.
- Meet targets and KPIs.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, supplier’s and other key contacts. • Successfully implementing the business plan and strategy of the company.
- Build a high level of knowledge on the product range.
- Understand my client’s capabilities and what makes them different in the market.
- Continue the company reputation for providing great technical advice and solutions to our customers.
- Present the product range to new and existing customers.
- Keep the products at the forefront of our customers minds.
- Listen to customers feedback on our products and relay this back to the design team.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and potential competitors
Candidate Requirements Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience at Sales Manager level.
- Strong lighting industry knowledge and contacts is key.
- Lighting product experience is key.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth.
- High self-motivation and a demonstrated ability to get the job done.
- Experience of selling products overseas, related to export regulations and standards.
- High commercial acumen, with the ability to negotiate and agree terms at all levels.
- Good IT skills. Personal Attributes
- Effective communicator and achiever.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about lighting and products.
- Disciplined, structured, creative.
- Ability to self-manage – Emotional intelligence